Banging things out one after another now. Momentum people, momentum. Did the new website end of last year and I like that my old site and my old business card matched. New site, no new business card and I only have about a dozen cards left in my wallet so time to re-design, had a couple concepts but this was the quickest to bang out:
It would actually get chopped at the bottom right corner of “.com”, just wanted to squeak out a 990×660 shot. What do I like about this card?
- Huge Name
- Same look as my website (font, contrast, details)
- Readable in the dark, good for handing out at receptions, restaurants etc.
- Minimal, barest of details displayed but still enough to contact me
Why I’m not sending this to the printing press RIGHT NOW:
- I’m concerned that the website address needs to be on there, but at the same time I think its looks too dumb repetitive to have “kurtisstewart.com” stacked above “firstname.lastname@example.org”. The clients I want to have should know that if my email is “email@example.com” I also own the domain “kurtisstewart.com”
- Designing this in an office with no feedback, sometimes the only idea you have isn’t better than no idea at all.
- I’m probably going to get 1000-2500 of these printed so I want to give it time to see it settle in my head as I’ll be looking at it a lot in the future.
What do you think? Let me know firstname.lastname@example.org