I had a question from Christy King who just got an iPhone about what apps I use most for business, time management etc. So I thought that would make for an excellent blog post. So, without further adieu…
My must have apps, in no particular order, comma:
- Evernote great for capturing ideas, sound bytes, images and syncing them with you Mac.
- Calvetica (Narrow) Immensely superior to iCal. Much cleaner design and easier event input. It also lets you set the default appointment to smaller than 1 hour increments which is great for the half hourly time management I try to stick to.
- Shazam you hear a song you like and don’t know the artist to save your life, this is the app for you.
- ShopSavvy great for christmas shopping if you want to quickly compare prices while on the run.
- Spending expense tracking. Want to know where all that pocket change goes? Try using this for a month and see.
- Angry Birds there had to be some addictive game on here somewhere.
- Netflix I can watch an episode of a movie on the bus and then when I get home start in the same place on either my Mac or XBox 360. Perfect.
Things I HAD on my iPhone but removed and their reasons below:
- Facebook I already spend enough time on this so I didn’t want to give myself the opportunity to waste more time when I could be watching a podcast on retouching and learn something more interesting than one of my friends IS making pancakes.
- WordPress good idea in theory but once you’re typing a post longer than 4 sentences I find typing on the iPhone a little tedious. As well it doesn’t give you the option to resize the images in your post.
- Remote this has not been replaced by Airplay on my Airport Express. Come home from a workout and keep playing the same song. Steve, you’re a genius.
- Billings I mentioned a couple posts ago. Thought it was a good idea to have kicking around….never used it. I just make sure to input all my jobs as soon as I get home from assisting/shooting for a client.
Another important part of my apps to me is how they are organized/access on your phone. You can see a shot of my home screen below:
What’s you’re favorite app ?