Since my last post about searching for an invoicing program I’ve finally made a desicion…
- Billings 3 has the option for you to send out an estimate and based off of that you can start the job and pull from those items depending on what you and the client agree on. Up until now I’ll admit estimates were on full scalp …now, nice clean workflow.
- It syncs wonderfully with my Address book, simple right? Something a lot of invoicing software I tried doesn’t get right.
- It has an iPhone App. I spend a lot of time on set with photographers, times change, you’re asked to pay for a courier/coffee/lunch I can keep track right there on my new iPhone. Get a payment from a client while away from the computer, input it right then and there on your phone.
- One click invoicing, click and BAM it’s into Mail and gone.
- One click statements, invoice overdue? Send a quick polite remainder to the client that the amount is still outstanding.
- Awesome Reports, again simple thing done right. I can see how much I’ve collected over the year, what I’ve spent on expenses. Information that can help me see where my business is going and what I need to tighten up.
All of these were enough to get me to switch over. Still a bit of a learning curve as with any new software but I think this is a change for the better. Anything else great pops up I’ll be sure to let you all know.
With any luck this is formatted properly with a tiny excerpt at the top and a remainder of the article below, crossing my fingers that WordPress plays nice on this.